1. I used a yard and a .25 of a yard. I used my serger and sewing machine.
2. I serged each short side of the skirt.
3. I then folded over the long sides of the skirt that aren't surged, pattern sides facing each other and surged these sides together. This will give me a long tube.
5. I used a 2 inch elastic and added 1/4 inch overlap to have room for my seam. To measure how long I just wrapped it around where I wanted it to sit and tightened it a little more so it would be more snug.
6. Sew your seam to fit your elastic in and leave a space about 2 inches. Sew ends of elastic together and sew up the bottom of the seam opening.
7.To finish it off I put a safety pin at the end of my elastic and feed it through the seam opening, this helps pull it through easier. Once fed all the way around the skirt top take off the safety pin.