I wanted to get or make a table cloth for my jewelry table when I do boutiques. I wasn't exactly wanting to measure and be precise so I just went for it. I got 1 piece of pink fabric with silver swirls on it 1 1/2 yards of this, And also 2 yards of silver poly satin.
I didn't cut any edges off, I serged all the way around both pieces of fabric. Using the cutting blade on my serger to cut off the edges of what needed to be cut.
Then I started on the shorter ends of the fabric folded over my seam just enough so it would stay under the sewing foot and did a straight stitch on the short ends of both pieces of fabric first. Following I did the same for each of the long sides of fabric.
This is how my edges and corners turned out.
So I did two separate pieces to layer on top of each other. It will be able to be adjusted as needed but this was the easiest type of tablecloth I could imagine.
I am so excited to have been nominated for a Leibster Award - I have been nominated two times before but didn't do anything about it, I was very intimidated to figure out what I was supposed to do. I apologize for dropping the ball on that before, but am now ready to face what I need to to figure this thing out! So thanks Plush Pink Allure for this nomination.
1. Anwer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
2. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
Questions from Plush Pink Allure:
1. Where is your personal paradise? Nahele Road, Maui Hawaii, When I'm not there (which I've only visited once), I look at my picture!
2. When was the last time you were scared? I can't remember
3. Who do you think has the pipes-- Jennifer Hudson or Beyonce? Beyonce
4. Do you watch reality TV? If so, which is your can't miss show? Survivor
5. Did you used to have a MySpace? (Not judging, I had one too lol) Nope
6. Do you prefer real or acyrlic nails? For myself real, but I like the look of acrylic
7. Who would YOU cast as Anna and Christian in Fifty Shades of Grey? Didn't read it, don't know
8. What is your ideal way to relax? Sleeping or surfing the net
9. Love or money. Which would you choose? LOVE
10. Have you ever wanted to skydive? It's on my to do list, we'll see if it ever actually happens
11. How long have you known your best friend? 13 years, my hubby
11 Random Facts about Myself:
1. I and my 4 other siblings are all adopted from different places and families.
2. I have lived in CA, TX, MI and UT.
3. I love to run.
4. I eat chocolate first thing every morning I can!
5. I have run 2 full marathons, 26.2 miles.
6. I grew up with Sheep.
7. I love dill pickles.
8. Mexican is my favorite food.
9. I love feeling productive.
10. I have naturally curly hair and have only grown to love it within the last few years.
My Questions for you: 1. Do you still live where you were born? 2. What is the thing you like to do the most? 3. What number of child are you? 4. What is your dream vacation? 5. Pets or no pets? 6. Do you like your given name? 7. What is your favorite food? 8. Morning person or night owl? 9. Thing you've done most recently that you were most proud of? 10. Favorite color? 11. Describe your childhood in one word?
1. Gather your supplies and tools needed. I used round nose pliers, flat pliers, 2- 2 inch silver copper wire, 14 sterling silver 5mm beads (7 for each hoop), my 7mm jade beads 16 each (8 for each hoop), 2 small open jump rings, 2 fish hook ear wires.
2. You will take your round nose pliers and start at the open end of the hoop and you will curl to the outside one side. Make sure you don't have a big enough space for the jump ring to slip out once fastened. Just keep curling over your hoop.
3. After you have done this thread your beads on as you like. I alternated my jade and silver. You will then close the other end of the hoop as you did before. You will curl the end over with your round nose pliers. And it should look like this.
4. You will then take one jump ring and open it, place it through the hole in the bottom of the fish hook ear wire.
5. As you hold onto the hoop, slide the open jump ring through the two curled ends of the hoop and close the jump ring with your flat pliers. Close it enough so your jump ring won't allow much movement for the curled ends to turn the ring.
6. You will then be finished with your first hoop and can move onto the next.
Look what I found...I have been looking for some bright pink stone beads to make some earrings and I finally found them. I was able to order them through Etsy from a seller in China but they are awesome. I am so happy! I love the shape, size and color. For your own pair check out my etsy page here. Love them!!